Your kitchen may be the heart of your home, it is certainly the central point for most people, given the varied uses from food preparation, dining, cleaning and a great collection point for items bought! Kitchen worktops bear the brunt of our day to day lives, and keeping these decluttered is an ongoing task. However, it doesn’t have to be an arduous task once you’re in the declutter mindset:
- Try to keep on top!
- Clear your workspaces ensuring you leave only items that are functional or match your signature home style. Only keep what is really needed on your worktops.
- Clean up after food preparation, put dirty dishes into your dishwasher or sink and ensure that they don’t start to stack up!
- When grocery shopping, place your items in the appropriate storage, don’t let them sit on the kitchen worktops.
- Get into the habit of regularly placing items in the right cupboard, this can include food, pots and pans, cutlery etc.
- Don’t use worktops as a holding ground for other items – for example do you need your post to pile up on the kitchen worktop?
If you’d like to find out more, or book a consultation – why not contact me?